SKIN CARE PRODUCTS
Our clinic offers a variety of pharmaceutical-grade skin care lines that are available exclusively to select dermatologists. These products, which are available for post-treatment use or on their own, help rejuvenate your skin and offer effective treatment for conditions such as rosacea, seborrhea, acne and dry skin.
We recommend SkinBetter Science Skin Care, Alastin Skin Care, NeoCutis Skin Care, Vivier Skin Care, and Alumier sunscreens.
Anti-Aging Skin Care Guide
The following products may be used alone or in combination with each other, to help rejuvenate your complexion and more importantly, prevent further damage to your skin. It is never too early to start caring for your skin with the right products. It is much easier to prevent wrinkles and age spots than it is to reduce them!
These easy skin care products can be used to enhance all of the rejuvenating procedures available here in Dr. Nield’s office such as Botox®/Xeomin®, Dermal Fillers, Photorejuvenation, Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels, Microneedling, Ulthera and Facial Laser Hair removal.
- Topical Antioxidants: Reduce free radicals caused by daily exposure to environmental factors such as the sun, wind, temperature, and pollution. These gentle yet potent anti-aging products reduce collagen breakdown, stimulate collagen production and improve skin texture and tone. Infrared rays can also cause long term damage to our skin. Infrared rays are not blocked by sunscreens, but topical antioxidants can decrease the effects of these damaging rays. Skin Better ALTO is composed of 19 antioxidants, and is one of the most effective antioxidants on the market.
- Topical Alphahydroxy Acids (AHAs) and Betahydroxy Acids (BHAs) :Glycolic acid, an AHA ,is derived from sugar cane and reduces pores, sunspots and exfoliates the skin to improve skin tone. A slight stinging sensation is not uncommon for a few minutes after application, but it will tighten your skin and refresh your complexion.
- Retinoids: Protects the skin from damaging UVA & UVB rays. Prevents collagen loss and stimulates new collagen growth. Increases epidermal cell turnover. Retinoids improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; reduce pores, pigmentation and evens out skin tone. Retinol is a pure form of Vitamin A, essential to the maintenance of healthy skin. Vitamin A can be drying and should be combined with effective moisturizers.
- Peptides and Growth Factors: These products mimic the skin’s natural regenerative processes. They stimulate collagen production, and effectively diminish wrinkles and hydrate the skin.
- Sunscreens and Sunblocks: Sunscreens are composed of chemicals that absorb UV rays, preferably both UVA & UVB rays.
Sunblocks provide a physical barrier that reflects and scatters UV rays. They are usually composed of zinc oxide & titanium dioxide. The latest sunblock ingredient is iron oxide which provides incredible protection, not only from ultraviolet light but from infrared, blue light, and visible light. Dr Nield highly recommends Skin Better Science Tone Smart with an SPF of 68. It is incredibly useful for those with sun related pigmentation disorders such as melasma.
Many products are both sunscreens and sunblocks. The most effective sunscreens are the ones that are used on a regular, frequent basis and enough is applied!
You need 1 full teaspoon (5cc) to properly cover your face and 2 tablespoons (30cc) to cover your body. If you apply a very thin film of a15 SPF lotion, it will only give you an SPF of 6-7. For this reason, dermatologists usually recommend an SPF of 30 or higher.